Coronavirus cases and deaths, daily changes, auto-update dashboard (March 24, 2020)


Here's my daily updated Covid19 dashboard showing daily changes of cases and deaths relating to Covid19. Though the data is available, I can't find a dash showing this information. The dashboard uses Google Data Studio for dashboarding and Google Sheets to automate the data pulling from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/. It updates around 5pm Pacific Time each day.

Update 20200718. A post on the data I gathered and used is here. Data is available to download.

The dash gets too crowded if I include all the countries, so I only include four. I selected China because that's the country most likely to have its cases and death leveled off (accuracy of the data aside). South Korea is often lauded for its management of the crisis. Italy is facing one of the worst situations outside of China and is a few weeks ahead of the US in its trending. Finally, I have the US because well, I live there. (Update 20200404. A recent New York Times article talking about this topic)

The embedded version below doesn't work well with anything except the Chrome browser, so use the non-embedded version instead (link) if you have trouble. (20200718. Updated version is here.) I bookmarked that link myself and checked the dash daily. I made this partly to get a feel for Data Studio, having used Tableau for over a decade now. The options for Google Data Studio are very limited compared to Tableau, but I like the everything-can-be-done-on-the-cloud aspect of Google Data Studio.




─────────────────────────
Update 20200503. In case you are wondering why the dashboard differs a bit from what I describe in my text, that's because I review the dash daily to keep a tab on Covid19 trends and tinkers with it as I see fit.